Merlyn Banks, Principal Broker, and Education Director of BANKS Property Management & Sales, a Real Estate Company and Proprietary Real Estate School with the Department of Professional and Occupational Regulations “DPOR’. I have worked in residential and commercial property management since 1989, having worked in corporate America, and in all facets of properties from conventional, commercials, HOA, Apartments, Dormitories, I elected residential properties, my area of specialty. I have earned a reputation in the real estate community through personalized approaches to my clients, and peers, while, developing strategic goals and objectives by using education as the forefront to making a difference to the community, the ethical way.
Proud to be a Graduate of the Virginia Association of Realtors Leadership Academy, Graduate Certified Property Manager® (CPM®), with the Institute of Real Estate Management, Graduate Realtors Institute- GRI® with the Virginia Association of Realtors®, Residential Management Professional (RMP®) – National Association of Residential Property Managers®.
Having lived in Florida, and relocated to Virginia in the early 90’s. We purchased our first home in Prince William county, and later moved to Stafford in 2001, where we currently reside. My family and I are members of a strong church family, where we volunteer and stay involve in our community, while reaching all people who need homes, with the life changing experiences, near and far. Apart from running a business, teaching & volunteering, I truly love spending time my family & we love to explore new discover unique things.
• My Vision “We are Better Together”, delivers innovative educational and leadership experiences to the association, engage member participation, and to strengthen the ability for its members using the association mission and strategic goals, so that it will engage members to utilize the association, products, services and programs to conduct their business successfully and ethically, I would also promote and advocate to members the importance of RPAC , as its our source for the preservation of the right to own, use and transfer real property through legislative changes, and the benefits of home ownership.
As a member of the REALTOR® Association of Prince William, I have had the honor to serve with some of the finest leaders in our industry, and to follow in their footprints as I continue to serve on the Board of Directors. Before serving on the PWAR Board, I have served on numerous local boards and state level including:
• PWAR®-President -2017
• PWAR®-President Elect -2016
• PWAR®–Vice President– 2015
• PWAR®–Board of Directors – 2012-2014
• PWAR®–Property Management & Ethics Workgroup Chair since 2010
• PWAR®-Education & Broker Task Force 2011-2013
• FAAR®–Property Management Workgroup Vice-Chair- 2011-2013
• VAR Property Managers® Council & Coalition Planning Committee®- 2008-2013
• VAR®-Property Management Coalition Committee-2008-2013
• VAR®-Standards Forms Committee-2012
• NARPM VA State Chapter®-Vice President-2010-2012
• VAR chapter 38-IREM®-Editorial Advisory Board/Journal of Property Management-2008-2012
• VAR chapter 38-IREM®-Board of Executive Council-Vice President for Public Relations 2008-2012
• VAR-®Ann Swearingen Property Manager of the Year Award
• VAR-®Honor Society
• PWAR®-Manager of the Year Award
• PWAR®-President Award of Excellence
• PWAR®-The Prestigious Code of Ethics Award®
• PWAR®-Volunteer of Year Award ®
• FAAR®-Professional Honor Role
• FAAR®-Distinguish Property Managers Honor Society
• VAR IREM Chapter38- Certified Property Manager of The Year
• NARPM®-Past Vice President Award-VA Chapter