Bright MLS has had a very active week on a number of fronts. This summary provides details on the top priority issues and, also, includes some additional information on the legal front, staff additions of note and recent and upcoming technology changes your members should know about.
A top issue is Bright statuses and Days on Market (DOM) and Cumulative Days on Market (CDOM), which continue to be “hot” items of discussion and, unfortunately, a good deal of confusion. While they are actively engaging to re-educate subscribers on the proper use of statuses and the rules behind DOM and CDOM in Bright, they are also taking a closer look at what these numbers should represent in Bright.
To make sure they incorporate the “field perspective,” a workgroup of active producers from across the Bright market has been formed to provide insights on DOM and CDOM. From this group, they plan to update the rules to better serve the listing agents, as well as the agents who use DOM and CDOM, to assess the length of time a property has been listed. As this workgroup makes their suggestions, they will share this feedback with you, as well as any plans for future changes.
Days on the Market Infographic: The following infographic shows an example on how DOM is impacted and accumulates in Bright throughout the lifecycle of a listing.
Statuses and Days on Market Printable Cheat Sheet
Recent updates and system changes for this week
- Bright status definitions will automatically display in Listing Management.
- Street Number and Street Suffix Modifier now display properly.
- Unit numbers are denoted by a hashtag in the full address in Search.
- Listing Syndication Dashboard now works in Internet Explorer 11.
- On the History report, we made the MLS # for all previous listings link to the Agent Full Report.