PWAR Broker Pre-Licensing series
PWAR REALTOR® School can help you reach your goals. Earn your real estate broker license soon! All classes are live to assist you in successfully passing the PSI Exam.
- Real Estate Brokerage series beginning January 16, 2018 (45 hours)
- Real Estate Finance series beginning March 7, 2018 (45 hours)
- Real Estate Appraisal series beginning May 2, 2018 (45 hours)
- Real Estate Law series beginning June 13, 2018 (45 hours)
Sign up for 2 modules in the series and get 10% off the total cost. Click here to download the registration form or log-in online with your PWAR credentials to sign up. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Broker Pre-License Education
In order to become licensed as a real estate broker by the Real Estate Board, you must:
- Complete 180 class/clock hours of Board-approved
- Pass the state and national portions of the broker examination,
- Submit verification of experience (actively engaged as a salesperson for 36 of the 48
months preceding application).
Equivalent courses to Board-approved courses offered by an accredited university, college, community college, or other school or education institution may be accepted for broker pre-license education. Each course must be at least 45 class/clock hours or 3 semester hours. Proof of course completion, including a monitored, final written examination, is required for course approval.
You must complete a Real Estate Brokerage course. In addition to a Real Estate Brokerage course, you must complete either:
- A) the three Broker-Specific Courses of Real Estate Appraisal, Real Estate Finance
and Real Estate Law; or
- B) two of the Broker Specific Courses and one of the following Broker-Related Courses:
- Real Estate Abstracting
- Real Estate Contract Law
- Real Estate Economics
- Real Estate Feasibility Analysis
- Real Estate Investments
- Real Estate Math
- Real Estate Property Management
- Real Estate Property Law
- CCIM (all parts)
- CRB (all parts)
- GRI (all parts)
- SIR/SIOR (all parts)
- Business Law
- Commercial Mortgage Lending
- Land Planning and Use
- Urban Development
NOTE: Courses taken to meet continuing education requirements are not acceptable for pre-license credit in Virginia.
ANY PRINCIPLES OF REAL ESTATE COURSE TAKEN FOR LICENSURE AS A SALESPERSON IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AS A BROKER PRE-LICENSE EDUCATION COURSE.