Return on Investment
- Knowledge: From industry news to legislative efforts, if you want to be in the know, volunteering is a great way to start.
- Networking: Real estate is a people business. The more REALTORS® you meet, the easier business will be. Let PWAR be your platform for networking with agents and brokers.
- Leadership Training: You will be exposed to different leadership styles and opportunities to chair committees and task forces. Many committee leaders pursue election to the PWAR leadership team.
- Making an Impact: By becoming involved, you will make a lasting impact on your Association.
- Time: Serving on a PWAR Committee can take one to two hours a month depending upon the projects.
- Thought: It all begins with an idea. A good brainstorming session is the starting point of everything from education seminars to event themes. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box.
- Salesmanship: Volunteers are given the opportunity to represent the Association in your office.
- Respect: Leadership, members, and staff have one mission – To work for the good of the Association.
How to Get Involved
If you are interested in joining one or more of PWAR’s committees, please contact the Staff Liasion for more information:
- April Thomas, Chief Executive Officer
- Budget & Finance
- Angie Simensen, Membership Director
- Professional Standards & Arbitration
- Brandy Hinton, Professional Development Director
- Professional Development
- Hispanic Focus Group
- Amanda Webster, Events & Marketing Director
- Community Outreach
- Melodie Usrey, Administrative Coordinator
- Your Professional Network (YPN)
The mission of the Awards Committee is to continue to celebrate the PWAR Top Producing Agents. During meetings, the committee will discuss Gala themes, changes to protocol and review award applications.
Meetings: As scheduled during months prior to Annual REALTOR Gala
This committee promotes involvement in the community by participating in activities to assist area agencies and organizations, for example, working with Keep Prince William Beautiful, fundraising projects for the Boys & Girls Clubs Prince William region, drives for SERVE & Hilda Barg, and more.
Meeting held the second Thursday of the month at 10:00 am.
The purpose of the governance committee is to insure the associations operations,
financial viability and strategic direction. The committee reviews policy manuals, Bylaws and recommends changes to the Board of Directors as needed. Members are appointed by the President.
The Grievance Committee and the Professional Standards & Arbitration (PSA) Committee are two separate entities that work together to enforce the Code of Ethics.
The Grievance Committee reviews all complaints and decides if a violation has occurred. If they conclude that there is a valid violation, it will then be sent to the Professional Standards & Arbitration Committee, who will hold the hearing.
Grievance Meetings: As scheduled
PSA Meetings: As needed.
The Prince William Chapter of YPN’s goal is to provide educational and networking opportunities that will help build a stronger link between real estate professionals and serve as a platform to share knowledge, experience, energy and innovative ideas. YPN also helps with community outreach activities for PWAR. Learn more here.