What is the Graduate REALTOR® Institute?
The Graduate REALTOR® Institute (GRI) is an education program and designation sponsored by Virginia Association of REALTORS® (VAR). GRI is nationally recognized by NAR and is one of the most popular designations among REALTORS®. This program focuses on developing and increasing participants’ professionalism and skill level in ways that positively affect their bottom line.
While licensing courses and most post license education teach you how to manage your risk in the business and complete transactions, GRI provides you with the skills needed to be successful in real estate.
To see the GRI Course Overview, please click here!
CLICK HERE FOR GRI FAQs
We understand that our current students have many questions about where they stand in completing their designation. If you have a specific inquiry or concern about the GRI, please contact Cailin@varealtor.com.
2018 Course Schedule:
Please find PWAR courses listed below. Click on each course to view more information.
ATTENTION: Current GRI students, if your 5 year completion deadline was in 2014, 2015, or 2016, VAR will grant you an extension to 2017. We will work one-on-one with all students to make sure that you have the courses needed to complete your designation within a timely manner. We thank each of you for your patience as we work to provide the best GRI to Virginia.
Click here to view the GRI Regional Overview of offerings in our area.
To earn the GRI designation in Virginia, you must:
- complete the required coursework within five (5) years.
- receive a passing grade for each course and you may not miss more than 15 minutes of any one module session.
- hold membership in the National Association of REALTORS®.
- complete the GRI designation application and pay the one-time application fee.
Once you have completed all the steps listed above, you may make use of the GRI designation on business cards, stationary, etc.
The Graduate REALTOR® Institute (GRI) symbol is the mark of a real estate professional that has made the commitment to provide a high level of professional services by securing a strong educational foundation.
Buying property is a complex and stressful task. In fact, it’s often the biggest single investment you will make in your lifetime. At the same time, real estate transactions have become increasingly complicated.
New technology, laws, procedures and the increasing sophistication of buyers and sellers requires real estate practitioners to perform at an ever-increasing level of professionalism.
- Have pursued a course of study that represents the minimum common body of knowledge for progressive real estate professionals.
- Have developed a solid foundation of knowledge and skills to navigate the current real estate climate—no matter what its condition.
- Are recognized nationally.
- Act with professionalism and are committed to serving their clients and customers with the highest ethical standards.