Applications for 2020 Board of Directors
The application submission period is June 28 – August 1, 2019
The PWAR Nominating Committee is accepting applications for the following positions on the Board of Directors:
- One (1) President-elect
- Two (2) Vice Presidents
- Three (3) 2-year term Directors
- One (1) 1-year term Director
- One (1) Commercial
- One (1) Industry Appropriate
Interviews are scheduled for Wednesday, August 7 from 10 AM – 3 PM and Thursday, August 8 from 10 AM – 3 PM.
Candidates must satisfy the following minimum qualifications:
- Be a member in good standing;
- Be actively engaged in the business of real estate as defined by the Virginia Real Estate Board Real Estate Regulations at the time of candidacy;
- Sign a Leadership Agreement indicating that, if elected, candidate will faithfully fulfill all duties, including meeting attendance, participation, and will serve and abide by the Association’s Bylaws and Policies and Procedures.
- The candidate must be available to participate in the required interview scheduled on: Wednesday, August 7 from 10 AM – 3 PM and Thursday, August 8 from 10 AM – 3 PM. Interview time will be determined after the submission deadline.
To assist in preparation for the interview, candidate will be supplied the questions that may be asked during the interview. The interview will take about 30 minutes. The candidate will be notified of the Nominating Committee’s decision as to whether or not they will be on the slate of candidates to run for election.
Voting begins September 13 and will conclude October 15. Election results will be announced at the Annual Meeting on Thursday, October 17, 2019.
Questions about the process or application may be directed to April Thomas, Chief Executive Officer (email@example.com) or David Gillis, Chairman (firstname.lastname@example.org)