Radon Leaders Saving Lives Campaign EXIT is an online learning and action network supporting the Radon Leaders Saving Lives Campaign hosted by the Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors, or CRCPD, with contributions from industry and EPA. If you would like to organize an event in your neighborhood, download the NRAM Event Planning Kit EXIT.
Five Things You Can Do During National Radon Action Month
- Test your home – EPA and the U.S. Surgeon General recommend that all homes in the U.S. be tested for radon. Testing is easy and inexpensive.
- Learn more about testing your home, including how to obtain an easy-to-use test kit.
- Attend a National Radon Action Month event in your area – Look for radon events in your community.
- Spread the word
- Spend time during National Radon Action Month encouraging others to learn about radon and test their homes.
- Attract media attention by working with a local official to get a radon proclamation.
- View or order EPA’s free radon publications.
- Buy a radon-resistant home – Read more about radon-resistant new construction, “Building Radon Out: A Step-by-Step Guide to Build Radon-Resistant Homes“.
- Build Green: It’s Easy to Build New Homes Radon-Resistant …”The good news is you can build your customers a safer, healthier, radon-resistant home. The techniques to prevent radon from entering a home are practical and straightforward for any builder. It’s an inexpensive way to offer families a benefit that could reduce their risk of lung cancer. And it’s a smart way to build trust between you and your customer.” Fuad Reveiz, Member of the National Association of Home Builders