The mission of the REALTOR® Association of Prince William (PWAR) is to provide outstanding services, programs and communications to its members, and advocates for their benefit. Members see PWAR as a significant and valuable source for their professional development needs to enhance their career. Make the most of what PWAR can offer you!
- Continuing Education – Your license is valid for two years but you must complete your initial post-licensing training within the first 12 months. PWAR is your partner offering you continuing or post license education classes, seminars, work groups and the competitive advantage in working with our professional Affiliate partners in specialty areas such as; appraisals, property management, and commercial development.
- All Access Pass – PWAR will offer an All-Access Pass that will get Realtors unlimited access to standard CE & PL courses in a given calendar year for one low rate.
- Education Courtesy—Attend continuing or post license education classes for free if no credit is needed.
- Designations/Certifications – Obtain special designations and certifications to advance your career through various courses offered throughout the year such as ABR, CNE, GRI, MRP and RPR.
- Online Education – The CE Shop is the leader in online real estate education which is why PWAR has partnered with them to help you meet your continuing education requirements. Each month PWAR members can save 20% or more off of courses—check out a sneak peek at pwar.theceshop.com
- Lunch & Learns – A wide variety of Lunch and Learn seminars are presented once a month by Affiliate Members on today’s top-of-mind real estate topics and current trends in the industry.
- E-Newsletter—A bi-weekly e-newsletter called Professional Development is sent to notify members of upcoming classes and opportunities available.
- Committee Involvement – PWAR committees provide significant benefits to volunteers and are the gateway to becoming involved in PWAR activities and establish professional relationships.
- Awards and Recognition – Each year, PWAR recognizes professionals who have given exceptional service, and also recognizes those members who have reached exceptional production levels at the REALTOR® Awards Gala.
- Fall Conference – PWAR’s Annual Fall Conference allows members to visit exhibits, earn continuing education credits and enjoy networking opportunities.
- Association Events & Outreach – Other events for members include Realtor Day on the Hill, Installation of Officers & Directors, Affiliate-Sponsored Outings, Bowling Fundraisers and more. PWAR has been a long time contributor to charitable organizations located throughout the county and host various fundraising events in addition to offering volunteering opportunities for community clean-ups and beautifications.
- Online Services – PWAR’s website is loaded with searchable information on events and other Association news as well as the many services provided by PWAR, with a Members Only section. PWAR also maintains a presence on social media sites including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- The Bulletin – A bi-weekly e-newsletter is sent to keep members up-to-date with happenings in the local real estate market and with PWAR activities and notices.
- Professional Development – A bi-weekly e-newsletter called Professional Development is sent to notify members of upcoming classes and opportunities available.
- REALTOR® Resource – Check out our monthly REALTOR® Resource designed to provide you with a resource to share with agents in your office on what’s upcoming at the Association!
- Text Alerts – You can now receive a monthly text from PWAR on upcoming classes, events and other important information. Opt-in for text alerts by texting the phrase PWARNEWS to 801-23 to receive no more than three texts per month.
- Social Media – Stay connected with us via our social media pages. Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, subscribe to our YouTube channel, and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Not receiving our email communications? First, check your spam filters. We send out our email through a third party provider, NoteRouter. Timely information regarding membership dues, classes, events and other PWAR announcements will be sent through this provider – please be sure to stay subscribed to our communications to ensure your receipt. Contact Meagan Gregg at firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.
Products and Services
- Professional Discounts – With your membership, receive discounts for a variety of services and products through PWAR, VR and NAR vendors. For the most up-to-date information about the NAR REALTOR Benefits program, visit www.nar.realtor/member-benefits. For the most up-to-date information about the benefits for VR members, visit www.virginiarealtors.org/for-members.
- Doc+— Remine Docs+ is one streamlined solution for collaborative, cloud-based, end-to-end document creation, e-signature, and transaction management. PWAR is transitioning to Remine Docs+ in order to provide members with an easy-to-use, streamlined and future-focused document platform.
- REALTOR® Store—Your one-stop shop for all of your real estate products at PWAR’s retail store in Woodbridge. Join our loyalty club on flok to start earning rewards for store purchases.
- SentriLock® and SentriCard® Services – Purchase lockboxes and keys at PWAR’s convenient location in Woodbridge. PWAR also works with SentriLock® to assist with replacements and warranties and permits one-day codes.
- Housing Market Reports – Prepared by Bright MLS subsidiary Real Estate Business Intelligence (RBI), PWAR’s monthly Market Statistics report provides an analysis of key existing housing sales trends in Prince William County.
- Member Resources—PWAR’s website is chalk full of helpful and relevant resources for your business such as sign ordinances, city and county links as well as consumer related information!
- Arbitration, Mediation, Ethics, and Professional Standards – PWAR promotes ethical business practices with a forum for complaints and recourse for satisfaction, if justified. This service saves members thousands of dollars in legal costs arbitrating business disputes. In the minds of the consumers, abiding by a Code of Ethics is a prominent reason for using the services of a REALTOR® instead of a Real Estate salesperson.
- Legislative Advocacy – PWAR employs a Government Affairs Director who is able to voice the opinions of PWAR’s members. In addition to having a viable voice in Virginia’s real estate policy making, it also enables PWAR to forecast and inform its members of changes in that policy.
PWAR staff are available from 9:00 am – 4:30pm, Monday-Friday, to answer questions, conduct research, and generally assist members in a variety of ways. These professional individuals are also available on call to present items of interest to members through sales meetings and other events. You can reach PWAR by phone at 703.565.0033, by fax at 703.565.0039 or stop by our office. Please refer to the list below to contact us by email:
- April Thomas, CEO email@example.com
- Haley Hudson, Executive Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angie Simensen, Membership Director email@example.com
- Brandy Hinton, Professional Development Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meagan Gregg, Communication & Events Director email@example.com
- Annette Banks, Member Service Representative firstname.lastname@example.org
- John DiBiase, Government Affairs Director email@example.com