Due to the growing health concern caused by COVID-19 (coronavirus), all Prince William County Public Schools will close to students, effective Saturday, March 14, until April 14. PWAR will mirror this policy and postpone all classes, events, and meetings during this time period. The PWAR administrative office plans to remain open.
Leadership and staff here at the REALTOR® Association of Prince William continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely. The health of our members and staff is our top priority, and we are taking appropriate measures to ensure the safety of each of you.
Here are some steps we’ve taken to ensure our member’s safety:
- PWAR has increased the level of disinfecting common surfaces more frequently with CDC recommended products.
- PWAR is providing additional hand sanitizers throughout our facility.
- PWAR requests that if you have recently traveled to a country or location with reported outbreaks, or have been in close contact with someone who has traveled to such a location, please refrain from attending classes and events until confirming that you do not show symptoms.
- Staying home if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptom.
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
As of right now, we do not have any plans to close the PWAR Headquarters or to cancel classes or meetings; however we have developed the appropriate procedures to do so if needed. Our staff will take every precaution to remain healthy or stay home when sick in order to continue providing the level of support and customer service you have come to expect from our Association.
For information specific to real estate, please see NAR’s Coronavirus: A Guide for Realtors
For the most current information about coronavirus, please visit the CDC’s website.