PWAR is committed to volunteering in our community. We serve our neighbors through efforts to address needs and improve housing opportunity. Give back to our community through these upcoming opportunities with PWAR:
Check out what our members accomplished in 2017 here!
Food & Clothing Drive for Loch Lomond Freedom Pantry
- The Loch Lomond Freedom Center Pantry, located at 9325 Mace St. in Manassas, opened in September 2017 through the support of three local churches. The pantry provides free groceries and clothing to over 75 families every other Monday. Their program is an approved Partner Agency of the Capital Area Food Bank. Please drop off the following items at PWAR until August 1.
NEEDS: Non-perishable food items, gently used clothing (men, women and children) and plastic grocery bags (new or used). More
Adopt a Spot Clean-Up
- In collaboration with Keep Prince William Beautiful, PWAR has Adopted a Spot in the blocks surrounding the PWAR building. We will maintain our Spot free of litter and debris on an on-going basis. Spot maintenance takes approximately 1 to 2 hours per cleanup. According to Keep America Beautiful, the presence of litter can decrease property value by 7% and increase crime. Adopt-a-Spots help ensure that communities stay clean , remain safe, and inspire people to be environmental stewards. Data collected from cleanups is analyzed and reported to the county, state, and additional environmental data systems and is used to enforce county policy to ensure areas STAY clean.
- Next Clean-Up: Please contact email@example.com if you’d like to volunteer to help out.
Women Giving Back Clothing Drive
- Please bring any gently-used clothing items for women and all age children sizes to PWAR offices to benefit Women Giving Back, an organization helping women & children in crisis by distributing clothing at no cost. Accessories, shoes, purses, scarves, jewelry & new toiletries/cosmetics are also accepted. Download the flyer here! This is an on-going drive so feel free to drop off any time.
Homes for Our Troops
- DONATE: Homes for Our Troops (HFOT) is a non-profit that builds mortgage-free homes to severely injured veterans, enabling them to focus on recovery and fulfillment. The Virginia Association of REALTORS® (VAR) is a partner of HFOT and supports projects around the state in our commitment to serving veterans and military families. Will you give to this important mission? Every dollar makes a difference in supporting the recovery of our heroic neighbors. Click here to contribute.
Boys & Girls Club
- The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) recently announced a partnership with the largest youth-serving organization in America, the Boys & Girls Club. Established over 100 years ago, the Boys & Girls Club has more than 4,100 chapters nationwide and serves as a ‘second home’ to nearly four million kids each year. The Boys & Girls Club is a ‘home away from home’ for many kids, helping to stabilize lives and foster opportunity by offering positive supervision after school. Clubs connect caring community members – like REALTORS® – with kids to identify career goals, give back to their communities, and build relationships that impact their futures. To learn more about connecting with your local Boys & Girls Club, visit www.realtor.org/bgca.