RPAC is a voluntary political action committee whose membership consists of REALTORS® interested in actively and effectively protecting the real estate industry and the dream of homeownership by participating in government affairs at the local, state and federal levels.
By supporting the campaigns of candidates who understand your business, the REALTOR® Political Action Committee ensures that your interests are represented when laws, ordinances, and regulations are being enacted. Through voluntary monetary contributions of REALTORS®, RPAC supports the campaigns of candidates whose outlooks, decisions, and stances are compatible with those of REALTORS® and property owners.
What does RPAC do?
RPAC is the muscle of REALTORS® in Washington, D.C. RPAC represents politically active REALTORS® that Members of Congress want as their friends. Because of the combined strength of our members who contribute, through RPAC many legislative and regulatory successes have been achieved including:
- The continued preservation of the mortgage interest deduction.
- $8,000 First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit to stimulate the real estate market.
- Improving federal mortgage programs, allowing more families to join the ranks of homeownership.
What kinds of policies do RPAC endorsed candidates support?
RPAC-endorsed candidates support policies that:
- Improve the quality of life in Virginia neighborhoods,
- Protect state property values and homeowner rights, and
- Help REALTORS® sustain and expand their business in a healthy manner.
What does RPAC support accomplish?
You may not always see RPAC, but it’s always working for you. During election season, it’s busy backing candidates who are friendly to the needs of REALTORS® and property owners. RPAC has a solid track record of endorsing winning candidates, proving that REALTOR® priorities are in line with the public’s priorities. But there’s no time when RPAC’s impact is felt more than during General Assembly sessions.