DIVERSITY is the intentional creation and cultivation of safe spaces that amplify, celebrate, and embrace the unique makeup of every individual, no matter their ethnic background, their sexual orientation, their body type, their disability, or their economic status.
The REALTOR® Association of Prince William strives to be a leader in supporting and encouraging diversity, equity, and inclusion in real estate. In this effort, the Diversity Group was established to monitor and develop this mission.
In principle and in practice, PWAR values and seeks diverse and inclusive participation of its membership in its programs, products, and services. PWAR promotes involvement and expanded access to membership and leadership opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, appearance, geographic location, or professional level. The organization provides leadership, training, and resources to accomplish this objective.
The REALTOR® Association of Prince William Diversity Group exists to advance the following goals:
- Increase association participation among diverse members at all levels of association involvement – local, State, and National.
- Encourage all qualified members to pursue association leadership by helping clarify and communicate the process and value of being involved in PWAR leadership.
- Integrate key stakeholder diversity groups into the life and mission of the association.
- Expand awareness of the diversity of REALTORS® among consumers and community groups.
- Have a positive impact on the cultural conversations related to diversity through education, exposure, and strategic partnerships.
State and National Resources
National Association of Realtors®
Korn Ferry: Race Matters Series
Learn the importance of DEI in real estate and how to make a positive impact.
Comprehensive research on the state of homeownership among diverse communities and the barriers they face.
Welcome to Fairhaven, a fictional town where REALTORS® work against the clock to sell homes while confronting discrimination in the homebuying process.
This new, immersive online simulation training will also put members of the National Association of REALTORS® in the shoes of a client experiencing discrimination as they try to buy a home.