Applications Now Open!
PWAR is a proud partner of NAR’s Spire Mentorship Program. This new initiative is an opportunity specifically targeting multi-cultural, minority communities, toward building bridges to the holistic real estate community. This mentorship opportunity will help individuals learn the fundamentals of the real estate industry, foster education, empower serious consideration of real estate as a career path and encourage and promote the development of generational wealth through property ownership.
Deadline for Mentor & Mentee Applications
- Kick-Off welcome meeting and mentorship guide.
- 1-on-1 Mentoring sessions, based on the discretion of each pair
- Live sessions, supplemented by digital learning
- Create a sense of exclusivity among participants.
- Achieve a certificate of completion and encourage mentees interested in a sales role to pursue their license.
Become a Mentor!
- Gain personal satisfaction from enriching the mentees’ experience through your experience
- Help develop the mentees’ future role in the real estate industry by personally and professionally supporting their growth
- Exposure to new and different thinking styles, knowledge and perspectives
- Networking opportunities with fellow mentors
- The program allows mentors and mentees flexibility to choose the mode of communication that best fit their schedules. However, once both parties are informed about their mentoring-mentee partner:
The mentor-mentee relationship will begin once they’ve met with the program coordinator who will provide instructions
- Each party will work together to discuss and develop expectations, set objectives and complete a formal mentoring agreement
- Dedicate 6-8 hours a month and attend two live educational sessions.
- Agree upon a schedule to interact at least twice a month or whenever the mentee needs to talk to the mentor. The scheduled communication time should be included in the mentoring agreement.
Become a Mentee!
- Access to an expert/seasoned real estate professional who can provide guidance.
- Gain an understanding of the real estate industry as it functions in the real world.
- Learn the meaning and application of real estate skills in a variety of environments.
- Must be at least 18 years old; less than 2 years of experience in real estate.
- No license required.
- NAR will provide and offer two monthly training mentoring activities for each mentor and mentee.
- Job shadowing opportunities.
- Discuss training and educational opportunities.
- Network opportunities for professional development.
- Recommend developmental activities.
- Tips to increase communication skills.
- Attend business-related events.
- Receive constructive feedback from industry expert.
Careers in Real Estate
- Residential & Commercial Real Estate
- Appraisal, Home Inspection, Land, Property Management, Staging, Marketing, IT, Administrative Assistance, Mortgage Banking